BOCA DESERVES BETTER
The City of Boca Raton deserves better. We live in a world-class city, and it’s important that the residents of this city elect leaders and stewards who are going to protect both our local economy and the brand of Boca Raton.
Boca deserves better… economic development
- A long term plan to attract existing businesses and incubate new ones. Proper placement of an economic development director and establishment of an economic development board. Establish ourselves in a position to compete for the best jobs and companies.
– A strong investment in education and the future, through advanced learning, computer coding and programming, and promotion of STEAM initiatives (Science Technology Engineering, Arts & Math). Focus on developing a talent pipeline for the local economy.
– A passion for medical, technology, and research companies, that provide local opportunities for our highly educated population and great jobs for our children.
– Smart investment and management in our services and our people, to ensure Boca is not a training ground for exporting skilled workers, but a final destination where the best-of-the-best live, work, and play in a world-class city with a small-community feel.
– Continued focus on programs to promote Boca Raton as not only the best place to vacation or retire, but also the best place to get an education, raise a family, start a business, find a skilled workforce and find employment opportunities in a community with some of the best culture, outdoor activities, weather and quality-of-life for all ages.
Boca deserves better… growth management
- Thoughtful evaluation of the current projects in the pipeline on downtown congestion and city-wide traffic, and impact studies that consider how proposed projects would impact parking, traffic, and quality-of-life for existing residents and neighborhoods.
– Improvements in the permitting process and procedures for fast-tracking compliant small projects, allowing more focus, time, and review on the bigger developments.
– An independent review of RAM/The Mark against the Interim Design Guidelines (IDG), to determine if the project meets the letter and spirit of the IDG.
– An independent, citizen-involved review of the IDG to see if the guidelines fit the community and facilitate projects that enhance the brand of Boca Raton, especially the beautiful architecture, style, and character of our city.
– Appropriate development of city owned waterfront property, including requiring docks and protecting existing services such as the boat ramp and park.
Boca deserves better… Leadership
- A proven value-driven leader who can bring engineering prowess and analytical problem solving to focus on complicated issues affecting our city.
– A true citizen legislator, who serves our country in the United States Navy Reserve, will serve the city with honor, will have the courage to stand up for what is right, and show commitment to the people of Boca Raton.
– A local FAU graduate with a Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science in Computer Engineering, with a stable 15-year career at the same company, patent filings, and an academic publication.
– A technology evangelist, who will keep Boca Raton relevant and fully leverage social media to communicate with the residents of Boca, keeping them well informed of what’s going on at city hall.
I am running for city council because I love our city, because I am invested in its future, and because I want what is best for my family and yours. Please vote Jeremy Rodgers, the Best Choice, for Boca Raton City Council on March 10th.